Monday, August 11, 2008

About the Article

Hi again. About the article I'm writing - I'm getting a good response, but would like to ask a couple more questions.
  1. When you go to a blog that is intended to be devotional/inspirational, what length of article are you likely to read? Which make your eyes glaze over? When do you simply click Next?
  2. When are you most likely to comment on a devotional/inspirational blog? Do you ever just read the meditations and move on?
  3. Tell me a little about the quality of writing you like to see.
Thanks again.

5 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

1. Not too long - I try not to be too long winded. The longer it is the more you glaze over and get lost.
2. I usually comment if i stop by - I like comments on my blog, I am not a lurker! :o)
3. I like heart felt thoughts - not "pasted" stuff. Personal day to day life application material.

Keetha Broyles said...

I like the banter in the comments the most.

I want the blog to be fun.

I don't read all the words if they are many.

I like blogging that builds relationships.

Keetha Broyles said...

One more thing: PICTURES!!!

A couple of very important things about pictures:

1) They are important because as we've been told a million times, a picture is worth a thousand words

2) First rule of blogging - - - ALWAYS have your digi camera ready.

3) Make sure you learn to shrink your picture file size or you will fill up your blog space about two years. ;-)

Keri said...

1. Honestly, if it's more than a paragraph I'm not likely to read it at all!

2. If I take the time to read it, I'll comment on it.

3. I like the variety of the blogs I visit. A blog without perfect spelling or grammar is not a big deal to me, it's about the person behind the post! :)

groovyoldlady said...

I like 'em short too. My attention span is too short for reading longer devotions - ESPECIALLY on the computer. I think Keetha is right about pictures too. They help break up all the text and make the entry more appealing.

I also think spacing is important. I'm a visual person, so if the text is all jumbled together into looooong paragraphs, I'll usually abort the mission and go elsewhere unless I have an unusually compelling reason to read the post.