Friday, October 17, 2008

The Joy of Cleaning

House cleaning comes with its own amusements. Here are a few.
  • While dusting the bathroom, I wiped down the bulbs on the light strip with a damp cloth. Later when I turned on the light, four of them blew out and one of them popped. I guess I'm fortunate they didn't break in my hand.
  • I sucked up my little microfiber dust cloth in the vacuum cleaner. I had to open the bag to recover it.
  • Richard's alarm went off at midnight because I'd unplugged it to dust behind the night stand. John had re-set the clock, but we forgot about the alarm. The most entertaining part was Richard trying to re-set it without waking me up. I had to pretend I was still sleeping, he was trying so hard!

1 comment:

Storybell said...

I won't ask you to to come to my house... it's just tooo dusty! Wish I'd been a fly on the wall to watch the clock man! much love