Saturday, November 29, 2008

More Football

I say "more" because we'll be in the semi-finals next weekend. We won over Notre Dame Sherman Oaks 24-14. We weren't expected to win, but we did. Go Lancers!

I spent some of the game in the concession stand. Early in Q1 the announcer said they needed all parents of freshman football players to help in the stand. Don't know what came over me--I'm not the parent of a football player--but I went down and helped. It was fun. I was back in the stands to see our guys make the tie-breaking touchdown and a field goal in the 4th quarter.

We're not expected to win over the semi-final opponent either. Who knows? Every time they say that, things go badly for the other team. Humm.

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

I think it is often better to be the underdog.

The year the Colts won the Superbowl, none of the pundits thought they could.

Worked for us - - - maybe it will work for you too!!!