Saturday, January 05, 2008

Hastening Spring

The winter solstice has passed and the days are getting longer - but it's still cold outside! Here are Char's tips for speeding up the return of spring.

Put your Christmas decorations "away" away.
Spring won't come if they're boxed up but left in the house.
Take them to the garage or wherever your family stores them during the off season.

Swap your holiday votives for those with flower scents.
Out with cinnamon and bayberry. In with lilac and gardenia.
As you can see, I couldn't find lilac, so I had to settle for something lilac colored.

Get your paperwhites going.
A little green and their wonderful scent bring spring to any home.

Good luck and keep me posted!

12 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

But I LIKE winter and am not READY for spring yet - - - why, winter JUST BEGAN on Dec. 21!!!!

So - - - I still have all my Christmas decorations UP and IF I burn a candle it will be a spice one and I never even heard of a paperwhite - - - is that a flower?

Char said...

O.K., winter is sort of fun until after the Superbowl. Then, it's a drag.

Paperwhites are a type of narcissus. See the picture of them that is part of my profile now.

And, if you get any new snow pictures, be sure to post them. I'll need a new wallpaper soon!

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - but the Superbowl isn't HERE yet!!!

Char said...

I'll try to control my excitement - and anticipation!

Keetha Broyles said...

Your Chargers play My Colts Sunday. Oy - - - I hope we win!!!

Storybell said...

give it up. Spring never really leaves (as our folks on the east coast or in the Midwest will attest). Our (California) idea of winter is 2 days a clouds and maybe 36 degrees at 4am. The flower balb idea is good!

Keetha Broyles said...

I didn't link your blog on my list because you don't even have a link to it on your profile, so I figured you were still being "secure."

Just say the word and I'll do a linky-bob for you!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

You beat us again - - - and this was the time it really counted. Ugh, I'm feeling sick over here.

Keri said...

I agree with my Mom...I'm not ready for spring yet! We have NOT had enough snow for winter to be over!! Although, my Christmas stuff is put away in the garage, sans the candle lights in the windows which I like to leave out until spring. I think they look pretty with snow on the ground! hehe

Keetha Broyles said...

Today I AM pulling for your chargers - - - I sure hope they can somehow beat those nasty old NE Patriots. I'm watching, TRYING to help them do it!!!! ;-)

Keetha Broyles said...

All my Christmas stuff is down and packed away now, but it is definitely still WINTER here. They are calling for a HUGE snow/ice storm tonight - - - I'll keep you posted on our progress or lack thereof.

Keetha Broyles said...

The storm came and went - - - huge it wasn't.

I think we only got about two inches, though we did get a two hour delay this morning.