Sunday, January 11, 2009

Frontier Dessert

Imagine our frontier foremothers cooking dilemmas. "Let's see," she says to herself. "What shall we have for dessert?" She casts her eye around the cabin. There's stale bread on the sideboard. Warm milk in the bucket just brought in from the barn. A few eggs left from this morning's tour through the nesting sites. Little Nan comes in with some blueberries she found on the shrubbery at the back of the fields. "I know!" ForeMother says. "I'll throw it all together and call it bread pudding!"

I don't know how John got turned on to bread pudding, but he requested it last week, so here it is. It was delicious.

P.S. The Lemon Curd topping was also homemade. It's easy, really, all you need is time.

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I for one LOVE bread pudding. I've never had it with blueberries though, just raisins.

Anonymous said...

That "all you need is time" seems to be the critical ingredient for success in just about everything, from folding laundry to make bread pudding to writing the great American novel.

Looks yummy!

Indian Lake Papa said...

On your way to Keetha's, swing by Florida with that bread pudding.

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL LOL LOL - - - Isn't Papa funny, on your way to my place swing by FL.

What a sense of humor that man has.

Char said...

Wish I could do both.

Char said...

Dear Pundit,
Welcome to the blog. You give me another reason to create some creative posts. I especially like it that you are a fellow writer.

Write on!